Pages

Thursday 17 March 2016

Creating Squares March 17


In class we have been playing this really fun/frustrating game called Creating Squares.
It took me quite a while to win but here are some strategies and patterns that I found the computer uses to beat you;
1. Build a square around the computers square.
2. Build 2 squares at once. (once you get close to finishing both squares, the computer can't block them both at once)
3. "Try to predict what the computers move will be. (The moves that the computer uses are purely patterns and you will get a higher chance of winning)

Those are 3 of the strategies I used to win! I know some people just won on a fluke, but I used strategies for quite a while before I won.

This is a really fun game that I recommend you play because it is a maths game but it is quite addictive and really fun to play.


9 comments:

  1. Grace,
    This is a great reflection. You are starting to make connections with how you learn and also how others might have done it. I look forward to seeing how you apply this skill in other learning areas.

    Mr Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you listed the ways the computer could beat you, and how you turned those into strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace
    Why did You play This game?
    Did You like how the Game made different Strategies to win?
    Have you used all those Strategies at once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good blog post... I like the way that you added the strategies you used to win, however there is another strategy which is to put a dot in the middle, then two in the middle of each side on one corner of the thing, then put a dot in the middle of the almost square so then you have two options so the computer can't block all of them. (sorry for the long explanation)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace
    I have actually tried this game out and it was not easy especially a computer is playing sometimes just not fear.
    From Shialla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace me and my friend tried this game but it was not easy but we found a way to win so we won lots of times and it was so fun playing this game how many times have you won this game.
    From Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Grace. This game looks fun and hard but I'm all good with it. I can play this game and I think I know and little trick to winning too. If you were the computer and the person playing what would be your strategies to winning ??
    By Emma O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace I've played that game before it took me like 100 times to win but i finally got their what is you favourite thing about this game?.Bye for now Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come On Join With Us Now !!! sabung online WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete